Passer au contenu


Moreau, Rudolf Freiherr von (1939) (original printed edition)

translation missing: fr.product_price.price.original €15,00 - translation missing: fr.product_price.price.original €15,00
translation missing: fr.product_price.price.original
€15,00 - €15,00
translation missing: fr.product_price.price.current €15,00
translation missing: fr.product_price.price.tax_line_html


Moreau was the son of the Bavarian Royal Chamber Junker Friedrich Freiherr von Moreau and the Countess Geldern-Egmont. After studying history, philosophy and art at the University of Munich, he studied in Ireland and then in Prague. At the University of Munich, he joined the Catholic student fraternity. According to Moreau, his commitment to life must be strengthened by religion. It was also here that his thoughts matured about embarking on a military career.
In 1931, Moreau entered the German Commercial Aviation School at Schleißheim airfield near Munich, where he passed his professional pilot's examination. He joined the Reichswehr, where he was assigned to the 20th infantry regiment in Passau. From July 1933 to September 1934, he attended the infantry school in Dresden. Promoted to lieutenant in 1934, Moreau flew as a pilot on various German domestic airlines. In 1935, Moreau joined the Luftwaffe as a lieutenant, where he was appointed head of flight squadron training at Giebelstadt. He became one of the first members of the Luftwaffe to leave Germany in 1936 and was sent to Morocco as a squadron captain. There he and his squadron transported some 12,000 soldiers of the Moroccan Corps commanded by General Franco to Spain in six weeks with about seven Ju 52 transport aircraft. As part of the Condor Legion, Moreau carried out numerous bombing raids on Spanish cities until July 1937, including the air raid on Guernica, in which his squadron of experimental Ju 88 bombers took part. Moreau then returned to Germany, where he became an orderly of the Secretary of State for Aviation, Erhard Milch. He completed the "Tour d'Afrique" with a Ju 52, 28,000 km in 22 stages, with four passengers, including the managing director of "Junkers Flugzeug- und Motorenwerke AG" as well as Wehrwirtschaftsführer Heinrich Koppenberg, his press chief and the head of the Belgian Air Force, General F. Iserentant. During this flight Moreau was promoted to captain. He was then sent back to Milch and seconded to the flight test centre in Rechlin.
There, in 1938, Moreau made a non-stop flight with a Focke-Wulf Fw 200 'Condor' from Berlin to New York and back in record time, certified on 4 October 1938. He then flew the same aircraft on a non-stop flight (which was a record) from Berlin to Tokyo. This flight was known as the "East Asia flight", certified as a world record. During this period, Moreau was also the pilot of French General Joseph Vuillemin's plane during his tour of Germany. Moreau then returned to the Rechlin test centre, where he made further flights in Versuchskommando 88. During one of these flights, he crashed in a Ju 88 on 31 March 1939 for unexplained reasons. Statements that Moreau was suffering from health problems or that his critical political views were causing him increasing problems have not been confirmed.
Moreau's death received much publicity internationally - but especially in the fascist states. This pamphlet was published after his death.

25 pages - in good condition - centrefolds unstuck.